Right now is a great time to join us at East on Central, an established, award-winning organization in Highland Park that's been successfully publishing a high quality literary and visual arts journal for 16 years.
Maybe you're a student looking to get experience with publishing. Or perhaps you're a Highland Park resident that wants to meet new people and get involved in the community. Or maybe you're a social media/online communications enthusiast that wants to grow our presence. Even if you just want to get out and distribute flyers, we welcome your contribution! There's something for everyone---at every level of interest and at every kind of time commitment available.
We offer you the opportunity to join our team to
- Share your knowledge and expertise with us
- Learn from our team’s 16 years of successful publishing
- Take advantage of our creative network and inspiration
- Enjoy our positive and supportive atmosphere
Areas of volunteer opportunities include
- People-centered outreach to existing and potential journal contributors
- Communications, via traditional and electronic media
- Planning, staffing, and promotion of our innovative community programs
- Technical support in document management and production
- And more--we're open to suggestions, if you have ideas or expertise you think would be of benefit to us!
Contact Director of Volunteer Development Emma Kowalenko with questions, or fill out the following form to volunteer today!